10 Reasons You Should Move To Mexico January 7, 2018 - Posted in moving to panama city
So you are thinking of moving to Mexico? You are not alone. According to a U.S. news world report, about 2 million Americans have decided to retire to Mexico. What are some advantages?
Here are a few reasons.
- The culture is amazing
- As a people, Mexicans are extremely family oriented, and service oriented. “Para servirle” literally means, “at your service” – and this is a statement that you will constantly hear at any restaurant or service establishment. They live to make us foreigners feel at home. Please be sure to make them feel good as well!
- Weather to live for!
- Mexico is a country of so many different climates – and they are very pleasurable. In the mountains of Queretaro and Guanajuato, the days are long and the weather never drops below 50˚F in the winter. Of course, in the beach town of Puerto Vallarta, Cancun and Playa del Carmen, the temperature can be warmer, but rarely unbearable. The gorgeous beaches more than make up for that.
- Retirement visas are granted liberally
- Getting a visa to live in Mexico is easy. When driving or flying into the country, you are automatically granted a six month tourist visa. The requirement for a more permanent visa is fairly simple as well.
- The dollar takes you far
- As of today’s date, the exchange rate from US dollar to MX Peso is $1 = 18.50 MXN. Investopedia.com estimates that an expat can live very comfortably on just a little over $2,000 per month. What does this mean for us as expats? This means major savings, and the ability to live with comforts in Mexico that we would never dream of in the US or Canada. How would you like to have a gardener and a maid, all while renting a 3 bedroom bungalow in the mountains or on the beach for a fraction of what this would cost you in the U.S.? This gives you time for what you really want to do – more golfing, fishing, exploring, traveling and learning Spanish.
- You’ll love the food
- Honestly, Mexico has some of the best cuisine I have ever tasted. The state of Jalisco is my personal favorite. Since Puerto Vallarta is located right on the Pacific Ocean, the abundance of fresh seafood with a Mexican twist is like a fiesta in your mouth (yum!). Want proof? Check out this amazing trio of fish, marlin, and shrimp tacos in Puerto Vallarta for a whopping 66 pesos ($3.50 US!)
- There are excellent healthcare options
- Many Mexican doctors have been trained abroad. In addition, the healthcare costs runs at about 50% less expensive than the US. Quality care is not a real issue, because since the culture is so warm and family oriented, doctors and dentists will treat you like family. With the end of Obamacare predicted due to recent political changes in the US, Mexico has emerged as a popular option for health care alternatives.
- Expats are plentiful
- Of course, at times you will need a gringo fix ☺. We all need to make friends that share our language and culture. There are plenty of expat communities in the popular Mexican retirement destinations.
- Life is calm
- “Tranquilo” – this is a term that you will hear often in Mexico. It literally means, “take it easy”. You won’t regret what the calm life will do for your well-being.
- Many Mexicans speak English
- Mexico is used to North American expats and tourists, and many locals, especially in the service industry, are able to communicate effectively in English. This can make things like navigating the residency process at the immigration office and managing the real estate purchase process with your attorney much easier.
- Travel to the US is easy and close
- Mexico is the U.S.’s closest neighborhood to the south – you can even drive if needed. Flying directly to the US is easy as well. Airports in Mexico are plentiful and convenient, and you can arrive to some major destinations in Mexico from the US in as little as 90 minutes.
So are you ready to make the move? We know the moving process can be stressful. Mexico Moving Company is happy to help. Fill out our Contact Us form for a free consultation today